Friday, June 13, 2014

28 Weeks and One Year Ago...

28 Weeks Looks Like....
 
Petie thought he needed to be in this one with his momma :)
 
Baby is: approximately 2 1/4 lbs, 14 3/4 inches long head to heel (according to apps)
 
Baby can: blink her eyes, has eyelashes, may be able to see light through the womb
 
I passed my 3 hour glucose test!! It wasn't as awful as I thought it would be. The time went by fairly fast. Ryan went with me. I love him for that. I didn't even ask him. When I told him I failed the first one he just said, "Well when do we go back?" He is amazing, Birdie and I are lucky, lucky girsl! However, by the time we sat down to eat I broke out in a full body sweat and my hands were shaking so bad. I am so thankful I passed and that that is behind us! Birdie can still have her sweets, yay!
 
Yesterday when I opened the mail I had a bill from my doctor's office. It was for embryo storage. For a second I thought they sure were sending that early but then I realized it HAD been a year since our first retrieval and freeze! That just almost doesn't seem possible. A year from tomorrow we had our first retrieval. When I think back on that week I tear up. It was such a happy and scary time for us. We were so nervous but yet so excited to be one step closer. My retrieval was on a Friday and I was so anxious all that weekend. Then Monday afternoon when we got the call. We were happier than we had been in almost 2 years! We had four babies! Makes me cry and gives me goose bumps. I am so thankful for those four babies and the four that came from September's retrieval. We were so lucky and blessed during the IVF process. I am so thankful for all of it: the happy, sad and hard times, the baby that is growing, the babies waiting on us, the baby with Jesus, the way Ryan and I have become closer and the bond that has resulted, the friendships I have made that I wouldn't have, the support system we have, and the way He has used it all to shape us into the parents He wants us to be.
 
Another something from the room, a DIY ribbon mobile made from new and old ribbon and lace:
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment