Friday, July 25, 2014

34 Weeks; Update

Today I am 34 weeks!
 
 
6 more weeks! We are getting so anxious to meet this little girl that dances (or practices karate) every night at bedtime.
 
I've had a few doctors appointments since my last post. At my 30 week appointment I started measuring a little behind (1 to 2 weeks). We also did a non-stress test at that appointment because I had noticed decreased movement. He asked if I felt the baby kick around 10 times every 2 hours and at that time I might go 2 hours before I felt her kick once. But everything was fine and she was responsive right away. The nurse at the hospital said that it could be that my placenta is anterior. Meaning that it is towards the front of my body which would block me from feeling a lot of her movement. Posterior is towards the spine. It made perfect sense as to why I only felt her kick on the sides and not in the center of my belly.
 
I have had two appointments since and am still measuring two weeks behind. The doctor is not concerned about this. He said that some women start to drop off some from their measurement after 30 weeks. He also thinks (and everyone else) that I am carrying her low in my pelvic region. Some days Birdie is extremely active and seems to never sit still for long and then the next day I may not feel her but a few times during the day. I guess she wears herself out one day and sleeps the next. She is most active between 8:00 and 10:00 at night. We've had a few bad nights of sleep but a couple of bad nights are usually followed by a couple of good nights. I still have constant swelling in my feet and ankles, some back pain and pressure on my sides and groin area from sitting all day, and acid reflux as soon as I lay down. But nothing too bad at all! I still haven't experienced any cravings all of my pregnancy and don't have really bad heart burn all the time like lots of women do. I know they say it means a hairy baby but I don't know if our little girl has much of chance of being bald because her daddy has tons of it!
 
A couple of weeks ago we went to a childbirth class. It was an all day class. Some of it was common knowledge but we learned a lot about what they do after you get to the hospital. This week we went to a breastfeeding class. It was very informative! I was so glad I didn't skip it. I really want to breastfeed and stick to it as long as I can, even after going back to work. I know it can be one of the most frustrating things about being a new mother but I think the class has gave us a little heads up as to what to expect. I would suggest it to anyone wanting to breastfeed.
 
I start going to the doctor every week now! At our next appointment on Thursday the doctor will start checking to see if I have dilated any and check the position of the baby. Praying for head down even though that could change several times between now and delivery!
 
We also have had two beautiful baby showers! Birdie got so many great things. We are so lucky to have such good friends and family.
 
Shower from my great friends at work
 



 
Shower from my good friend Kay and my two sisters
 



 
 
I think that sums it up since the last post! Her room is finally finished (will post pictures of it soon). I have been slowly taking tags off and unboxing her things and washing them. Does a baby really need that much stuff?! I cannot wait to see! 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment