Wednesday, September 25, 2013

In honor of upcoming Mesothelioma Awareness Day September 26th

Earlier in the week I was contacted by a reader that my little ole blog reached. (Which always makes me happy!) This reader didn't want to talk about infertility but she did want to share her own personal struggle and journey. When her daughter was only 3 1/2 months old, Heather was diagnosed with a rare and deadly cancer, pleural mesothelioma. She was given 15 months to live. Despite her horrible diagnosis, she knew she needed to beat the odds for her daughter, Lily. She and her husband sought out the best mesothelioma treatment care available. She is now a proud 7 year survivor with a mission to help other mesothelioma victims. She asked if I would be willing to share her story to help her raise awareness for Mesothelioma in honor of the upcoming Mesothelioma Awareness Day, September 26th. Now I know I don't have thousands of readers but like I have said before about my own journey, if it reaches and helps just one person it will be worth it!

Please take the time to read Heather's sweet story by clicking on the link below.

http://www.mesothelioma.com/heather/awareness/

This is Heather, her husband Cameron and her daughter Lily (I love her red hair!)



Such a happy family!

No comments:

Post a Comment