Thursday, April 17, 2014

Ultrasound and Gender Reveal!!!

Last Thursday I had my monthly doctor appointment and ultrasound at 18 weeks 6 days. My mom came with us and Ryan's mom came in from Nashville to be there too. We told the tech first thing that we didn't want to know the gender yet and for her to put it in an envelope for us. We had a cookout planned for Saturday at our house and had invited both our families for a gender reveal. So each time she needed a measurement close to the legs she told us to look away. Pretty sure Ryan and I wouldn't have been able to tell anyway. I wanted to peek so bad but didn't. Baby was not cooperating much at all! The tech kept saying "baby does not want to show it's face, baby has hands up around face" and when down around the legs "baby does not want to give me a good shot". Already a little stinker. She thought baby was sleeping. She had me empty my bladder half way (what is half way? ha) and had me turn side to side to try to get the baby in a better position. Pretty sure the only movement baby made was moving arms from front of face to back behind the head, like baby was stretching back. Maybe baby was asleep or maybe baby will be calm and cool like daddy! We sure hope so! We never got a good profile shot because of the way baby was laying but here are some of the ultrasound pictures.


 

 

Baby was measuring 3 days ahead at 19 weeks and 2 days. Heartbeat was 145. After the ultrasound we met with the doctor. My pelvic measurement was between 17 1/2 to 18 weeks. We chatted a little about upcoming things like the glucose test, talked about how we decided against all testing for genetic abnormalities and set up our next appointment. On the way home we met my sister and handed her the envelope with our baby's gender picture. Aunt Kolette was in charge of the gender reveal. Good thing she met us because I was so tempted to peek!
 
Saturday we cooked out and all our families came over. I think we had close to 30 people there. Even though the wind was trying to blow us away it was so nice having them all together. We had everyone right down their guesses.
 
 
Daddy's guess: Boy! (Momma's guess was boy too)

 
Total Tally: Boy - 18; Girl - 7
 
 
I wasn't nervous all day and didn't have too much time to think about the big reveal. Not until after everyone had ate and Kolette started carrying that box out!
 
 
 
Hearts were racing at this point:

 
Here we go.....

 
And IT'S A........
 

 


 
A GIRL!!!!!
 
So I guess I don't have a mother's intuition. In the beginning we kept thinking it would probably be a girl, just seems like we are surrounded by them so why wouldn't we have one too. Then I started getting a feeling it was a boy in the last 3 weeks or so. So Ryan started thinking it too, after all one surely is due to this family but nope another little precious girl!! I have to say we were a little in shock that night and next day but now it's like it's just meant to be! :)
 
Here's one of the pictures that was in the sealed envelope:
 
 
(We didn't much care for the ?)

 
 
 
She and her cousin due in 2 weeks will be joining these two little squirts (Harley driving and Layla the dog lover) very soon!! They will all grow up together! Oh my, the adventures ahead are endless! I don't have a picture of her bigger cousin Kenzie at the party because she and the other bigger kids were running all over the place.
 
Ryan's mom bought these little cowboy boots (and a boy pair too) so baby girl can be like her daddy!
 
 
 
We are so excited for what the future holds!!
 
 
This little girl is so loved already. We thank God for the opportunity to be her momma and daddy! It truly was a special, special day that we have dreamt and prayed for!
 
{Aunt Sylvia did a great job capturing our special moment; Aunt Kolette did a great job on the box; there were videos too but I can't figure out how to post a video from my phone}

 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment