Monday, March 25, 2013

A Big Day!

Well today was a big day for our family. Today was the day I found out whether I was going to have a niece or a nephew! Yup, my little sister is pregnant and I only found a week and a half ago. I know this was partially to spare my feelings. I am not gonna lie and say that it didn't feel like my heart was being ripped out of my chest when she told me I was going to be an aunt and that she was 17 weeks pregnant. Her due date is August 18th. I was pretty sad about it but only for a couple of days. After today I am so much more excited! Something more exciting about knowing, planning, shopping.

My sister and I actually bought a couple of onesies on our shopping trip this weekend. They were both boy onesies, but we agreed they could pass on a girl with a hair bow. We were really thinking it would be a boy. Only because she had an ultrasound at 12 weeks because the doctor was having a hard time finding the heart beat. When he looked he said he thought he saw a penis. So in my mind I thought that would be harder to get wrong than saying it was a girl. Her appointment was at 2:00, she sent me the following picture about 30 minutes later:

 
I kept saying all morning that I would be shocked if it was a girl but really I wasn't. I mean the odds were stacked against them. My mom had three girls and he has two girls from a previous marriage. Anyway I am so ecstatic either way! Now I can shop and start sewing! Here is a picture of her sucking her thumb. SO SWEET!
 

Kolette and I had already decided we were going to have a baseball or nautical baby shower since we just knew it was a boy. I guess we are going to have to start planning something girlie! But I already know it won't be an explosion of pink, neither of us are fans!


2 comments:

  1. Kandie... I totally know how you are feeling right now... the overwhelming joy to be an aunt and the heartbreak you feel personally. Praying for you!! And sending praises for your sister. <3 [[btw I'm around if you ever want to talk]] :) my email is thejewells319@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie! I will save your email because I do plan on emailing! :) Mine is kandieewalker@gmail.com. It is crazy how things work out. I don't think I would have been able to find so much joy in yesterday if it wasn't for finding your blog the night before. I really do mean this. Out of all the blogs I have read, yours has spoke to me the most. I relate with all of your posts!

      Delete